You are here: Home > Frequently Asked Questions SB District  ::  SBHS  ::  City of SB  ::  Site Map  ::  Disclaimer
South Burlington Community Library Logo South Burlington Community Library
Catalog Internet Resources Programs and Events High School Resources
Library Services
Kids Corner
Kids Corner
Friends of the Library
Senior Connections
Gifts, Donations and Volunteers
Frequently Asked Questions
About the Library
Contact Information
How Do I?


  • How do I obtain a library card at the South Burlington Community Library?
    Any legal resident of South Burlington over the age of five may obtain a resident library card which also serves as a homecard with identification that clearly shows your name and current legal address. Non-residents (outside of the homecard system) and temporary residents may obtain cards valid only at the South Burlington Community Library for a fee of $10 per year. Children 16 years and under must have a parental signature on their registration form. Any South Burlington resident in good standing may use his/her updated library card at the other Chittenden County libraries that are part of the Homecard System.
  • How can I get a book that the South Burlington Library does not currently own?
    If the book you need was published less than six months ago, fill out a request form for the Director to consider purchasing.  If it was published more than six months ago, fill out an Interlibrary Loan Request form.  
  • How do I know if the Library has a particular item?
    Our online catalog can be accessed from any computer in the Library or through the Library web page. The catalog will say if the book is available in the Library or checked out. You may also ask for assistance from a librarian to find books or to show you how to use the online catalog when you visit the Library.
  • How do I sign up for a computer/print/copy?
    Yes. Computer signup is self-service. Please remember to bring your library card to use the Community computers. You will be asked to scan your library card to log-in. If you are visiting and need computer access, guest logins are available at the Community Circulation Desk. You can print to the Library printer from Library computers, your mobile device or personal computer. Copies are 15 cents. Copies are 15 cents for a black & white copy and 45 cents for a color copy on the Library copier.
  • How do I obtain tax forms?
    FEDERAL TAX FORMS: We have been notified by the IRS they will be offering 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ to Libraries.
    For other federal tax forms: - To view and download - To order tax products to be delivered by mail
    Call 1-800-829-3676 - To order tax products to be delivered by mail

    VT STATE TAX FORMS:                                       
    Download fillable PDF forms from the web
    Order by email .
    Order forms by phone - 802-828-2515 OR 855-297-5560

    This year, taxpayers may also file the following online at
    Homestead Declaration, Property Tax Adjustment, Renter Rebate, and Landlord Certificate.
    This is also where taxpayers will find the "Where's My Refund" service.








Copyright © 2005 South Burlington Community Library. All Rights Reserved.